We're excited to be offering a full range of classes for 2022. See the table toward the bottom of the CLASSES page on our website for info on when specific classes are offered. We have the ability to add additional classes where there is demand so sign up for a waitlist if the class is full. If you select a class & are told it's full, go back to the top of the page and select the waitlisted version of the class.
For a list of when classes are offered, go to NorthportSailing.org & select the CLASSES tab.
LITTLE PUFFS: If your child is sailing for more than one week, they're a Little Puff the first week & a Beginner after that. If your child is only 8, call Shelley first at (313) 942-9390 to have the age cap adjusted. Beginners currently must be 9. Little Puffs is the only level that automatically advances.
Before logging in, have this information ready:
- Child’s name, date of birth, height & weight
- Parents’ names, mailing address, phone number & email
- Any medical conditions, such as allergies and seizures
- Emergency contact information
- Credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover) or ACH bank account information; tuition for 2022 is $148 for the week of July 5-8; $185 for the weeks of July 11-15, July 18-22, July 25-29 & August 1-5.
The information you enter on our registration site is later transferred to our database. Please capitalize proper names & use postal code abbreviations for your state (in caps).
If you're a returning student, have you checked the 2022 Placement List prior to registering?
- If you're a new student, have you read our class descriptions? New students must register for Little Puffs if they are 8 (by Sept. 1) or 9 years old, or Beginner if they are ages 10-16 (age by Sept. 1) or have complete Little Puffs; If you have previous sailing experience somewhere other than NYSS, please email NorthportSailing@gmail.com with your contact info & some details about your child's age & sailing experience. We'll assist you with placement.
- Students must be able to swim.
- Please read this list of Things to Bring to Sailing Class. Especially important are wearing close-toed shoes. NO SHOES - NO SAILING!
- SCHOLARSHIPS: Due to the generous support of the Leelanau Township Community Foundation, the Northport Bay Yacht Club and individual donors, we have a limited number of scholarships available for full-time residents of Leelanau Township and non-residents with a financial need on a first come basis. Scholarship students should use the discount code SAILNYSS. Since the week of July 5-8 is a short week, use the code SAILWEEK1 for that week only. If you're a non-resident, check on availability with Shelley at NorthportSailing@gmail.com.